Monday, March 30, 2009

Pleading "Not Guilty"



Pre-Script..A girl is being raped by her Father and She kills him. She kills him inspite of the fact that he was her father. But did he deserved anything better??
She is now being trailed in the court of law as a Murderer..This poem reflects her angst towards him and her pain.
This is partially inspired from three real life incidents that have occured one in U.S. and two in India recently.





Time is running against the clock

Here I stand in the dock.


Eyes piercing me with questions galore,

I witness a startling furor.


They scour my face for a probable cause.

And marvel at how callous I was.


To have slew the one who brought me to earth,

And bring reproach to my own birth.


But do they know it was not homicide?

Oh! He was a beast in a human’s hide.


If he was behind my geniture in this world,

Why did he acted like a curse’s herald.


I cried, I wailed, I suffered every night,

For me, even to breathe was a fight.


His covetous body, my spirit so pure,

With his lustful venom my adolescence he tore.


He racked my soul, He ailed my flesh,

With his sins so harrowing, my vehemence he enmeshed.


It was me, yes it was me,

I had all the cogent reason to be.

7 comments:

Aarthi said...

Superb...
Very well expressed...
Quite thoughtful i must say...
The choice of words...very good!


Cheers

*PEACE*

Unknown said...

Pretty nice, thoughtful, the lines are just perfect n touching....

Anonymous said...

It sucks when one you trust some much does this to you.. But I bet in such cases, even homicide should be pardoned!

Kartz said...

Riveting composition. Emotive. Deep.

Such events are so bizarre... Appalling... One wonders if we still are human. Animals are known to behave in a better way. Period.

Peace. Be well.

Anonymous said...

very strong lines !! perfectly done ..

Kings Chaos said...

charzz... caught that on my reader but got deleted before i could read it.. anyways found it in ur blog...

cant agree more on this, very aptly put and emotions expressed, it cant get worse and disgusting than this, god save all those in distress and give them strength

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

it makes me sad , that justice and faith is not 'available' when it's needed the most.